Coconut oil is so nutritious and one of the many health benefits of that is it can detoxify your body. All it takes is 3 days.
Coconut Oil Detox
“Detox” is a word that flies around alternate medicine circles all the time. But what does that mean? In North America’s jargon, it means counteracting the toxins we are constantly exposed to through the food we eat and the environment in which we live. Our bodies absorb whatever we come in contact with, and some of it can cause health problems over time.
Why Coconut Oil Cleanse Is Perfect For Detoxing
Nature wants us to be healthy and provides nourishment as well as antidotes for what we may ingest that’s not so healthy. Coconut oil has been found to have numerous health benefits we are only beginning to discover. It’s versatile and beneficial in various ways, whether applied topically or taken internally.
Coconut oil’s fats are medium-chain triglycerides (MCT), whereas most other fats are long-chain triglycerides. The difference that’s important to us is how the body metabolizes the different fat molecules:
Health Properties of Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is antifungal, antiviral, antibacterial, and kills yeast overgrowth.(2, 3) Because of its structure and a direct line to the liver—through which everything we absorb passes—coconut oil is in a unique position to destroy harmful organisms before they can do any damage. That’s why coconut oil is part of this detoxifying cleanse.
Coconut oil is so nutritious, it can:
- Enhance brain health and mental clarity
- Boost digestive function and improve Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Improve blood sugar control
- Help prevent and treat degenerative brain diseases (Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis)
- Prevent cardiovascular disease (high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke)
- Help against cancer
- Improve HDL (high-density lipoprotein, “good”) cholesterol
- Boost energy levels
- Increase immune function
- Lose excess body fat
- Improve thyroid function
- Improve skin tone and appearance
- Protect and restore joint function
- Balance intestinal flora
- Prevent and treat Crohn’s disease
- Protect against bacterial, viral, fungal, and parasitic infections