Headaches can give you sleepless nights and workless days but you can save yourself by trying one of the 15 things given here!
Relief is on its way!
Headaches, our arch nemesis— we meet again. Instead of staying up all night Googling natural cures, try these 15 fast headache remedies. They might not cure you completely, but in the throes of a migraine, any modicum of relief is a godsend.
1. Drink water. It sounds simple, but many headaches are caused by dehydration.
2. Give yourself a scalp massage. Research has shown that massaging the greater occipital nerve (the back of your head at the base of your skull) can relieve headache pain.
3. Press the webbed area between your thumb and pointer finger. Lightly massage the spot for about one minute before switching to the other hand.
4. Stretch. Headaches are often caused by muscle tension. Simple neck stretches like these could help relieve some of the tension.
5. Eat watermelon. Yep, if your headache is caused by dehydration, eating water-rich foods could relieve your pain by rehydrating your whole body.
6. Massage peppermint oil onto your temples, the back of your jaw and your forehead. Peppermint oil has been shown to promote blood flow, which might get things moving in your head.