10 Poses for a Strong & Powerful Core
Must see this yoga tutorial that will strengthen your core, create power in your asana practice, and resilience for both the body and mind.
If you’ve been practicing yoga for more than six months, you’re well aware of the necessary core requirements to move in a safe and effective manner. And if you’re new to the practice, welcome to the yoga community & welcome to an incredibly important lesson about yoga asana.
1. Eagle Crunches
- Take either a full bind or half bind with both arms and legs, choose what works best for you.
- On an exhale breath – hug knees and elbows towards one another.
- On an inhale breath – stretch the body long, but hover both feet and arms off the ground.
- Focus on keeping the low back connected to the ground throughout & keep belly hugging back to spine.
2. Boat Pose
- Do the pose with either straight legs or bent knees, but always keep length in the backside body. If you lose the length, bend the knees and bring hands behind the thighs.
- Regardless of what your legs are doing, fire up the inner thighs and hug them together, like really tight.
- To create more heat – extend fingertips forward as you lift through the chest, simultaneously gliding shoulder blades down and onto the back.